5. Back home on the islands, some folks actually die in the hundreds for the right to vote.
4. Filipinos were the first Asians to defeat a large imperial power and create a truly democratic government only to lose it once more to another
imperial power. Read your books.
3. Voting creates a sense of our community affecting change if not in our world but in our homes.
2. Voting can remind our politicians that they work for us, not the other way around.
1. Voting is one of the last remaining forms of the power to make choice.